We have a brand new Compass version awaiting you. In this release we are taking the next steps in upgrading to Ubuntu 20.04 and starting an overhaull of our webinterface (and it’s API calls). We also did some bug fixing, read all about it below.
Upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04
After 2021a, we had to do a rollback of Kamailio (part of the Ubuntu upgrade) due to unforeseen issues with certain phone types. This is solved in the latest patch of Kamailio that we are deploying in 2021b.
We also changed the way the proxies handle the BLF (Busy Lamp Fields) and MWI (Message Waiting Indicator). You can now use the outbound proxy to manage these indicators. By adding the option to configure the outbound proxy, it speeds up the phone configurations.
Change in terminology and colors
We changed the naming of the Compass user status and their colors. Previously the term ”busy” (colored red) related to not getting offered queue calls, where the term “away” related to not getting calls at all (colored orange). As of 2021b, the term “busy” will be replaced by the term “no queue calls” and will be colored red. The term “away” will be replaced by the term “no calls” and will be colored orange. This only applies to the Compass user status (to be found on the personal settings page in Compass) and also shows in user settings in applications like Bridge. Please check your own Compass documentation (if applicable) to see if you need to change instructions or screenshots.
Full revision of webinterface coming!
This year we are making a long treasured wish come true; we are redesigning the webinterface to help you set up companies and manage forwards and queues faster and way easier! During March this year you helped us by giving feedback during the workshops “Redesign Compass webinterface”.
There is a new dial plan editor coming and also, we are making sure the API has the same functionalities so every customer can enjoy these changes. In this release, we take the first steps towards our new “Studio”. Two new API calls are added; “Create conference” and “Create forward”. On “global” level (not user specific, but company wide), the “Create conference” call ensures that conference boxes can be initiated via API. The “create forward” API call, makes sure you can manage all forwards through the API.
- GL-3236 - We fixed the issue where in specific Yealink phones (T40P & T46G) “Asterisk” was shown shortly after picking up when using BLF.
- GL-3966 - Busy and Away terminology change
- GL-4008 - Fix Kamailio 5.4.4 crashing
- GL-3198 - On phone page in webinterface it is shown which function keys are reserved for user identities of the user that is logged in.
- GL-3998 - Added createConference api
- GL-3998 - Added createForward api method
We are aware of the following issues. Please don’t open new support tickets for them.
- GL-2868 - Semi-attended transfer generates an extra call recording
- GL-2956 - Caller ID is ~~s~~ for unattended transfers
- GL-3376 - Large XMPP rosters are shortened by the platform
- GL-3847 - User call forwards are not followed in accordance with the availability status