In this article, you can find an up-to-date phone support guide. What levels of support we offer, and which phones are being supported.
- Support levels
- Certified phones
- Known working phones
- Deprecated phones
There are three levels of support for phones in Compass:
- Certified: the phone has been tested by Talksome to work with Compass. In addition, these phones are autoprovisioned by Compass.
- Supported: the phone has been tested by Talksome to work with Compass. It has to be provisioned manually.
- Known working: the phone has been reported to work by a partner.
Compass has fully certified phones from the following vendors for use with Compass:
- Snom 710 (firmware 22.214.171.124)
- Snom D712 (firmware 126.96.36.199)
- Snom D715 (firmware 188.8.131.52) 1
- Snom D725 (firmware 184.108.40.206) 1
- Snom MeetingPoint (firmware 220.127.116.11)
Note: Snom phones require firmware 18.104.22.168 or higher to work with Snom SRAPS.
- Yealink SIP-T40P (firmware 22.214.171.124)
- Yealink SIP-T41P (firmware 126.96.36.199). For Compass autoprovisioning, use phone type ‘SIP-T40P’ in the Compass web interface.
- NEW Yealink SIP-T41S (firmware 188.8.131.52)
- Yealink SIP-T42G (firmware 184.108.40.206)
- Yealink SIP-T42S (firmware 220.127.116.11)
- Yealink SIP-T46G (firmware 18.104.22.168)
- Yealink SIP-T46S (firmware 22.214.171.124)
- NEW Yealink-T53(W) (firmware 126.96.36.199)
- NEW Yealink-T54(W) (firmware 188.8.131.52)
- NEW Yealink EXP50
Please be aware that, due to a Yealink feature, setting custom configuration (e.g. function keys) via the phone’s web user interface overrides auto provisioning, thus rendering any corresponding Compass settings obsolete.
Certified phone expansion pad
We have certified the following expansion pads for use with Compass:
- Yealink EXP40 (supported by Yealink SIP-T46G and SIP-T46S)
- NEW Yealink EXP50 (supported by Yealink SIP-T53(W) and SIP-T54(W))
Be sure to update the amount of connected expansion pads connected to the phone in the Compass web interface. Compass supports up to three expansion pads per phone.
Known working phones
The following phones have been tested with Compass and can be manually provisioned:
- Polycom VVX 300 (firmware 184.108.40.20641)
- Polycom VVX 400 (firmware 220.127.116.1141)
If you’ve tested a phone that should be in this list, please contact us with your test results.
The following phones have previously been available in Compass, but won’t be certified in future versions. Manually provision these phones if you want to continue to use them.
- Snom 300 (firmware 18.104.22.168)
- Snom 320 (firmware 22.214.171.124)
- Snom 360 (firmware 126.96.36.199.9)
- Snom 370 (firmware 188.8.131.52)
- Snom 720 (firmware 184.108.40.206)
- Snom 760 (firmware 220.127.116.11)
- Snom 820 (firmware 8.4.35)
- Snom 821 (firmware 18.104.22.168)
- Snom 870 (firmware 22.214.171.124)
- Snom M3 (since 2017c)
- Snom M9 (since 2017c)
The firmware versions listed here are the latest supported version at the time of deprecation.
Snom 3xx/7xx and 8xx phones that were previously configured in Compass have been converted to the type ‘Generic SIP phone’. More information about this conversion can be found in our Guide to prepare phones for the conversion to Generic SIP Phone.
Other brands and types
- Aastra 6731i/6739i/6751i/6753i/6755i/6757i
- Cisco SPA504G/SPA509G/SPA525G
- Grandstream GXP-2000/2010
- Linksys PAP2T/SPA2100/SPA2102/SPA942
- Panasonic KX-UT123/KX-UT136
- Polycom SoundPoint IP 331/550
- Polycom SoundStation IP 6000