Call park is a feature that allows a person to put a call on hold at one telephone set and continue the conversation from any other telephone set.
To use call park, administrators need to setup a few things.
- Create a queue with the name ‘On Hold’ with the following settings:
- Possibility to connect to queue: Always.
- Stay connected to queue: Always.
- Elapsed ring time in queue: 5 (5 seconds)
- Add a queue shortcode (for example 333).
- Create an internal number (for example 3001) and add the On Hold queue you just created to the dial plan.
- Add a speeddial to all phones to log in to the On Hold queue.
- This can be done manually or via provisioning. The speeddial number is
*48*333#, where *48 is the special function to log in to a queue, and 333 is the queue shortcode.
How to park the call
- While in a conversation you want to park, do an unattended transfer to the internal number with the On Hold queue. In this example: extension 3001.
- Now hang up – the caller will be left on hold in the On Hold queue you forwarded the call to.
- You now have the freedom to switch to another phone if needed.
- When you are ready to pick up the waiting call again, use speeddial to become a member of the On Hold queue, or dial
- The waiting call will be offered to you after a maximum of 5 seconds.
- After you hang up, use the speeddial again to log out of the queue.
If you have the queue call pickup premium feature enabled and use Bridge for handling calls, you can always cherry-pick the call from the On Hold queue without needing to become an agent for the On Hold queue.